Monday, February 22, 2010

365 Everyday Value (Whole Foods brand) Root Beer

 

Brand: 365 Everday Value
Brewed in: Austin, TX
Where to find: Nationwide, Whole Foods
Website: www.wholefoodsmarket.com

 •  •  •

Packaging/Label: Not bad for a generic label. I appreciate the root beer mug illustration and the added carbonation bubbles that bring the full layout of the can together. I'd like to see more mug and less awkward upper space though (Sorry, it really bothers me - almost as much as the leading between "Root" & "Beer").

Aroma: Weak; (very) slightly sweet

Bite: Quick, subtle bite; reminds me of tonic water

Flavor: What flavor? This is brown water with a burst of licorice flavor at the end of the sip that coats your mouth in a syrup-like consistency. Distinctly not pleasant.

Should you buy it? Run away! Run! Run now while you can!

•  •  •

Additional Notes: 

I'd hate to start these reviews off on a sour note, but ¡Jesus Christo! I just tried this out yesterday and boy am I disappointed. I'm shocked! Appalled! This is blasphemous! This actually made it out of product development? Were the taste-testers taste buds burned off in a horrible crippling fire before they reported for duty? Plain and simple: It doesn't taste like a root beer. Wait, no, I'm sorry; this actually could pass off as a "root beer"-flavored cough syrup.

Overall Rating:


 

2 comments:

  1. i agree. whole foods' soda is absolutely horrible. i blame it on the cane sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cane sugar can't be the only thing to blame though - ABC root beer (which i posted about right after this one) is also made with cane sugar but it tastes great. All of the organic granola is just messing with Whole Foods' senses!

    ReplyDelete